Shivalik Fenugreek :
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum) has a long history as a breast enlarger and contains diosgenin which is used to make synthetic estrogen. It promotes the growth of new breast cells and increase the size and fullness of the breasts. It is useful for anemia, pregnancy, lactation, diabetes, digestion, loss of taste, fever, hair care, dandruff, stomach disorders, biliousness, respiratory disorders, mouth ulcers, sore throat, diabetes, inflammations, wounds and insomnia. Fenugreek is used to treat wounds, inflammation and gastrointestinal ailments.
While Fenugreek is considered the finest herb for enhancing feminine beauty it also aids in sexual stimulation, balances blood sugar levels, and contains choline which aids the thinking process. Its ability to balance hormone levels aids in treating PMS and menopause. Its antioxidants slow ageing and help prevent disease.
Benefits of Fenugreek
- Control diabetes: Fenugreek helps to alleviate type II diabetes. According to one study, it may also help people with Type I diabetes. Study done by Indian researchers revealed that Fenugreek added to type I diabetic patient?s diet, helps drop urinary sugar level by 54 percent. Because of the presence of the natural fiber galactomannan, fenugreek slows down the rate at which sugar is absorbed into blood. The amino acid (4-hydroxyisoleucine) in Fenugreek induces the production of insulin and therefore, 15-20 grams of fenugreek daily is recommended for controlling blood sugar.
- Good for breast feeding mothers: India?s traditional ayurvedic physicians prescribe fenugreek to nursing mothers.
- Reduce menstrual discomfort: Fenugreek is considered as a potent menstruation ease promoter.
- Minimize symptoms of menopause: Fenugreek contains the chemicals diosgenin and estrogenic isoflavones, which are similar to the female sex hormone, estrogen. Loss of estrogen causes menopausal symptoms. So, eating fenugreek helps to reduce menopausal symptoms.
- Reduce cholesterol: Fenugreek consumption helps to reduce cholesterol level.
- Reduces cardiovascular risk: Fenugreek seed contains 25 percent galactomannan. This is a type of natural soluble fibre. This reduces cardiovascular diseases.
- Relief for sore throat: Fenugreek?s soothing mucilage helps to relieve sore throat pain and cough.
- Relieve constipation: Fenugreek adds bulk to the stool. So, it is helpful to treat constipation and diarrhoea and also relieves minor indigestion.
- Good for kidney troubles: Traditional Chinese medicine advises fenugreek for kidney patients.
- Prevent colon cancer: Fenugreek possesses anticarcinogenic potential. The steroid diosgenin in Fenugreek is colon cancer preventive.
- Good appetite suppressant: The natural soluble fibre galactomannan can swell in the stomach and thus, suppresses appetite.
Shivalik Fenugreek contains pure and concentrated Fenugreek.
Dosage: One capsule twice a day.