Shivalik Garlic :
Garlic or Lasun(Allium sativum) is used in asthma, dyspnea, tuberculosis, whooping cough, fever, typhoid, diphtheria, amoebic dysentery, duodenal ulcers, rheumatism, otorrhea, staphylococcal infection, high lipid profile and hypertension. Taking garlic during pregnancy can cut the risk of pre-eclampsia (raised blood pressure and protein retained in the urine).
Benefits of Garlic
- Central nervous system: An infusion of the bruised bulbs, given before and after every meal, has been considered of good effect in epilepsy.
- Cardiovascular system: It lowers down blood cholesterol and is effectively useful in high blood pressure.
- Respiratory system: Garlic is an invaluable medicine for asthma, hoarseness, coughs, difficulty of breathing, and most other disorders of the lungs, being of particular virtue in chronic bronchitis, on account of its powers of promoting expectoration. It has been proved to relieve whooping cough if rubbed on the chest and between the shoulder blades. Laryngeal tuberculosis is relieved on using garlic. Inhalation of garlic is useful in pulmonary tuberculosis.
- Digestive system: It is used in intestinal worms, amoebic dysentery, flatulence, indigestion and Duodenal ulcers.It is useful in atonic dyspepsia and colic.
- Skin: It is widely employed in the control of suppuration in wounds. Garlic was employed as a specific for leprosy. It is sometimes externally applied in ointments and lotions, and as an antiseptic, to disperse hard swellings, also pounded and employed as a poultice for scrofulous sores.
- Hair Garlic in a quart of proof spirit is a good stimulant lotion for baldness of the head.
- Genito- urinary system: Locally it is used in vaginitis and leucorrhea. It is also a mild emmanogogue.
- Musculoskeletal system: A clove or two of Garlic, pounded with honey and taken two or three nights successively, is good in rheumatism
- Ear: It is used as eardrops in earache and deafness.
Capsule garlic contains pure and concentrated garlic
Dosage: one capsule twice a day.