- Product Description
Anardana or dried seeds of the pomegranate fruit have a fruity, mildly sweet and tangy taste. They are used as a souring agent in Indian cuisine in a manner similar to tamarind, kokum and amchur. These seeds are rich in antioxidants, fiber, vitamin K, Vitamin C, and minerals like iron, copper, phosphorus and potassium.
Benefits of Pomegranate Seeds:
- Vitamin C present in the anardana helps the body to develop resistance against infections and boost the immunity. Along with these functions vitamin C is also required for the formation of collagen, healthy teeth, gums and blood vessels; vitamin C also helps to improve iron absorption.
- Fiber present in the anardana maintains the bowel movements and reduces the cholesterol level in the blood. Potassium present in anardana helps to lower down the high blood pressure. So it is very beneficial for the people who have high blood pressure or hypertension.
- It improves the digestion so avoid the problems like acidity, flatulence and morning sickness. It increases the digestive fire and is also a good remedy for the loss of appetite. Due to the presence of iron they are also beneficial to avoid the problems like iron deficiency anaemia.
- These seeds are also rich in antioxidants so prevent the occurrence of many diseases. Antioxidants are the compounds which help the body to fight against free radicals produced in the body. These Free radicals are the main cause of many degerative diseases like diabetes, arthritis, heart diseases and many more.
- It is helpful to maintain the blood flow and reduces the arterial plaques. Apart from this these are also beneficial for the skin allergies and urinary tract infections. Rind and bark of the pomegranate is used for the treatment of dysentery, diahorrea and intestinal parasites.
How to use:
- Add coarsely ground dried pomegranate seeds to Indian chutneys and curries. The sweet/sour taste of the dried pomegranate adds a distinct flavor to the dishes and helps thicken the curry sauce.
- Make chickpea salad with onion, red pepper, potatoes and black pepper. Add ground, dried pomegranate seeds to the salad to add a tang to the flavor.
- Replace raisins with dried pomegranates in sweet breads, cookies and muffins. Use the amount of dried pomegranates equal to the amount of raisins called for in your recipe.
|Country of Manufacture||India|
|Product Brand||Naturally Yours|
|Product Weight||50 gms|
|Product Packaging Info||Pack|
|In The Box||1 Pack|
|Product First Available On ClickOnCare.com||2016-03-31 00:00:00|