This variety of rice is known as Kari popularized in the name of DIANNA. It is parboiled red rice. The sugar is low in this food and is released slowly into the blood stream causing blood glucose levels to rise and then fall more slowly than the foods which have a higher clycemic index. Because of the bran's high fiber content, red rice has a rough nutty texture and somewhat bland taste compared to white rice. The germ layer gets activated by soaking the rice.
Benefits of Dianna Rice:
- It has more nutrients compared to white rice because of the presence of bran layer. This layer has digestible fiber along with minerals and vitamins that are absent in white rice.
- It is rich in manganese. Manganese used in producing energy and Antioxidant protection.
- DIANNA Rice is good source of fiber and selenium, it helps in prevention of cancer.
- Daily intake of DIANNA Rice reduces cholesterol.
- It is also a rich source of vitamin E.