Flaxseed oil is a rich source of essential fatty acids or the Omega oils. EFAs are particularly valuable because the body needs them to function properly, but can't manufacture them on its own. Essential fatty acids work throughout the body to protect cell membranes, keeping them efficient at admitting healthy substances while barring damaging ones.
Benefits of Flax seed oil:
- Helps to reduce cholesterol levels in the body.
- Prevents pain in joints and muscles.
- Beneficial in lowering blood pressure. Reduces risk of dry eyes.
- Aids in maintaining hormonal balance in post menopausal women.
- Promotes healthy skin, hair and nails.
How to use flax seed oil:
- 1 tbsp of flax seed oil can be added to your daily routine. Use it as salad dressing, make milkshake, smoothies or blend with yoghurt to make a refreshing “lassi”.