The Mangal Utsav Dhoop is a very powerful blend of specific herbs and resins that is known to usher in positive energies. All the dhoops are created along the principles of panchabhoot (the five elements) principle of Ayurveda and each blend is a harmonious synergy of Seeds and fruits representing Ether, stems & and branches representing Water, roots representing Earth, flowers and buds representing Fire, and leaves representing Air.
- Frankincense dispels negativity and cleanses the impurities in the air
- Sambrani and Lemongrass to sanitise the atmosphere
- Sandalwood attracts positivity
- Jatamansi helsp to remove obstacles
- Loban purifies the surroundings
In the ancient times this dhoop was burned at the start of rituals to cleanse the air of negativity, witchcraft/evil eye and of unhealthy, airborne micro-organisms, thus making the air pure. The belief was also that these botanicals, in the right formula, had the power to attract the positive universal energy and would usher in auspiciousness and an obstacle-free celebration.
How to use:
- Ignite a dhoop charcoal (specially made for incense burning) by using the flame of a stove or candle. The briquette should start to crackle and glow.
Next, set the charcoal in a container on a bed of sand or place it in a dhoopdan. If you are placing it on the sand bed, then the sand layer under the charcoal should be at least 3/4-1 inch thick.
Slowly fan or blow on the tablet.Use a knife, spoon or tweezers to drop the incense onto the tablet once it starts glowing. Fan the dhoop to let the aroma spread.
The charcoal may continue to burn for upto two hours after lighting - so don't just throw it in a wastebasket. Use tweezers to extract the tablet and submerse it in water to discard if the tablet is still lit.