Benefits of Aswagandha powder:
- This herb powder is considered an adaptogen which is a nontoxic herb that works on a nonspecific basis to normalize physiological function, working on the HPA axis and the neuroendocrine system.
- Ashwagandha root powder is effective for insomnia but does not act as a sedative.its rejuvenative and nervine properties produce energy which in turn help the body to settle and sleep. Thus it helps the body to address a stress related condition rather than masking it with sedatives. A herb that rejuvenates the nervous system, erases insomnia and eases stress.
- Ashwagandha powder has also been shown to lower blood pressure and is highly effective in stopping the formation of stress induced ulcers.
- In arthritis, which involves joints that are painful, dry, swollen and inflamed, Ashwagandha powder would be the herb of choice.
- One of the special properties of Ashwagandha is that it will enhance ojas. Ojas is the most subtle, refined level of the physical body and is the end result of healthy food which is properly digested. It is responsible for a healthy immune system, physical strength, lustrous complexion, clarity of mind and sense of Well being. It allows consciousness to flow within the body. With decreased ojas, we are less in touch with ourselves and more prone to diseases and having a feeling of disharmony. 'Ojakshaya' (decreased ojas) is a condition similar to AIDS/HIV.
- Works well with Vitamin C, Vitamin B5, other immune modulating and anti-cancer herbs.
How to use:
The most popular method is to take the Ashwagandha churna (root powder) 2 to 10 grams daily (can be split up over day). Use mixed with juice or milk. Ashwagandha extract in tablet form (2-4 tabs. of 250 mg daily).