Benefits of Coriander Seeds:
- One of coriander seeds powder many medicinal uses is that they can be used for clearing colds and coughs. Coriander seeds can be boiled in water along with little pepper corns, cumin seeds, and garlic flakes to make a decoction that helps clear phlegm and nasal congestion.
- Oddly enough, the same concoction can be used to clear flatulence. Coriander seeds powder can be boiled in water to make coriander tea and mixed with honey to soothe the acidity, ease constipation, clear toxins from the body, and prevent indigestion. Its digestive benefits can be attributed to the dietary fiber found in coriander.
- Its antioxidant properties make it excellent for preventing free radicle damage. For the same reason, coriander seeds powder are beneficial to skin as helps detoxify the skin and can also be used to treat fungal infections.
- Coriander seeds powder are rich in copper, magnesium, iron, potassium, manganese, and zinc. These essential minerals help in increasing red blood cell count, improving metabolism, regulating growth, enhancing sperm generation, synthesizing nucleic acids, keeping blood pressure in check, and keeping diabetes in control.
- Coriander powder is also an effective antiseptic as it contains citronelol, which helps in healing mouth ulcers. It can also be used as a remedy against bad breath. Its antibacterial property helps it fight chicken pox and reduces pain caused by the pox.
- Coriander seeds powder enhance proper endocrine secretion, relieving menstrual discomfort and pain.
How to use:
The daily dose of coriander is 3g of the dried seed powder taken directly or as an infusion. To prepare an infusion: Pour approximately 150ml of boiling water over 1-2 teaspoonfuls of powdered coriander seed, cover and after about 10-15 minutes pass through a tea strainer. Unless otherwise prescribed, a moderately warm cup of the freshly prepared infusion is drunk between meals two to four times a day.