Benefits of Devadaru:
- Devadaru alleviates inflammation when applied locally. Its local application and oil are used in arthritis.
- Devadaru is useful in skin disorders helminthiasis and ulcers.
- Its oil is a very good wound cleaner and healer. Application of oil destroys bacteria from infected wounds.
- Devadaru is also useful in oral and nasal disorders and other wounds. It removes the foul smell of wounds.
- Devadaru is an expectorant by Snigdha, pungent, bitter properties. In cough caused by Kapha, oil is given along with dry ginger and yavakshar. Because it acts on the respiratory tract and is aromatic, it alleviates the foul smell of phlegm and hiccoughs caused due to Vata- Kapha.
- Deodar is a very good medicine for chronic cough and cold.
- Devadaru is effective in urinary disorder. Being diuretic, it alleviates many urinary disorders and benefits in dysuria and gonorrhea.
- It is used in puerperal disorders (health issues appearing after child birth) as it is a uterine tonic and purifies breast milk.
How to use:
Take 3 to 6 gm add to 200ml water and boil till it gets reduced to 100ml, filter it and drink. Advised to take once a day.