Flaxseeds are a rich source of micronutrients, dietary fiber, manganese, vitamin B1, and the essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid, also known as ALA or omega-3.
Benefits of Flax Seeds:
- Very low in carbohydrates which makes it an ideal choice for people limiting their intake of starches and sugars.
- Perfect combination of healthy fat and high fiber content which make it a great food ideal for weight loss and maintenance.
- Rich in most of the B vitamins, magnesium, and manganese.
- Flax seed is Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids which is essential in fighting against chronic diseases including heart disease, arthritis, asthma, diabetes, and even some cancers.
- Immensely high in fiber – both soluble and insoluble, which is for the cholesterol-lowering effects along with stabilizing the blood sugar thereby enabling proper functioning of the intestines.
- Flax seed is high in phytochemicals, including many antioxidants. It is perhaps our best source of lignans, which convert in our intestines to substances which tend to balance female hormones. There is evidence that lignans may promote fertility, reduce peri-menopausal symptoms, and possibly help prevent breast cancer. In addition, lignans may help prevent Type 2 diabetes.
How to use:
Take 1 tablespoonful 2 to 3 times a day as whole or can grind it in powder and can take before meals with water.