Benefits of Punarnava powder:
- Punarnava removes excess Kapha (Water) from the body.
- Punarnava supports the functioning of the heart, liver and kidneys.
- Punarnava promotes balanced fluid levels in the tissues that are already in the normal range.
- Punarnava Powder is a very effective diuretic as it works on the urinary system and it corrects the functioning of the damaged nephrons of kidneys which get damaged in cases of high blood sugar levels.
- Punarnava Powder also acts as mild laxative and enhances the appetite.
- It works as Rasayana (Longevity enhancer) as it flushes out the toxins from body tissues and nourishing the various body channels.
- Punarnava Powder enhances the quality of dhatus (Tissues) like nutrient plasma (Rasa dhatu), Blood (Rakta dhatu) Muscles (Mamsa dhatu) fat (Meda dhatu) Bone marrow & nerves (Majja dhatu) Reproductive fluids (Shukra dhatu).
- Punarnava Powder increases the secretion of urine. It is effective in the symptoms of edema. When excessive fluid is collected in the tissues and cavities of the body.
- Punarnava is used to support comfortable movement of the joints for those with Kapha (Water) constitutions and imbalances.
How to use:
The powder of the seeds of Punarnava can be taken in a dosage of 1 to 3 grams approximately.
The decoction of Punarnava Powder is effective and helpful in the edematous condition. Dosage for decoction is 4-6 gm.
1-3 gm "Punarnava Powder" with a glass of Milk once or twice a day acts as a good energy tonic.